The craft beer industry is booming in America. While some brands have rocketed to popularity, the majority are stuck battling it out for shelf space. In order to stand out, here are some of the label design trends their using to set themselves apart:
- Paper: Many craft beers are opting for sack paper labels. This adds a vintage look and an air of authenticity to the brand. It also has a great, inviting feel that adds a tactile element to the design.
- Authenticity: A lot of new craft beer companies are avoiding elements of modern design, such as sterile, minimalistic labels. In its place, they're opting for label designs that add authenticity and personality to the brand. New techniques include scrawled typography, stamps and handwritten notes.
- Geometry: The vintage look may not be the best choice for some brands. Those companies are using geometrical designs and patterns to set themselves apart. Straight lines and sharp angles tend to draw attention from shoppers, so it's easy to make a big impact with his technique.
- Throwback: Miller made a big impact recently by bringing back their older style Miller Lite designs. Even though newer craft beer companies don't have the history to fall back on like Miller, many are using iconic design elements to create this throwback style. Pick an era that you want to emulate and make sure all aspects of the design fit in that time frame.
- Elegance: Some companies are going after the wine crowd with elegant packaging and label. This even extends into the type of bottle used, many of which aren't typical beer bottles.
With an industrial label printer, food labeling can reflect the values and aspirations of a food manufacturer. Contact us today to learn more about how taking control of your label strategy can provide new opportunities for marketing and engagement.